Wednesday, January 23, 2013

winter blues

mellowblue

Although these are not exactly the winter blues I'm accustomed to. This outfit make me feel like it's the best part of all seasons - I can wear boots and leggings, but there's still a place for a great strapless tunic. It's an outfit that's permanently in between, which is exactly how I've been feeling lately. Life is a waiting game as I try to forget about the fact that I applied to grad school while I am waiting to hear from them. 

So the task is this: to remember that everyday is a chance to live, even if the big things aren't happening yet. There are no throw-away days in life, but sometimes we treat it like there are. 

So I'm going to think about what I can do, everyday, to make it the best it can be. I think that's when the magic happens.

mellowblue2

mellowblue7

mellowblue5

mellowblue3


4 comments:

  1. Silver {A Silver Snapshot}January 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM

    Look at you pulling off a strapless dress in the middle of winter! Lots of inspiration here! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you a big amen sista on those grad school applications - im in the same limbo! Checking my email and mailbox constantly. Best of luck with the applications and keeping calm until you've heard back about them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach it, sister. (Love what you did with your top.)

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the outfit! i always admire someone who can pull of the tshirt under a tunic, it looks great. good luck with your applications!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...