Wednesday, November 14, 2012

legacy

legacy

legacy6

legacy11

legacy10

legacy8

legacy3

legacy7

legacy4

When I was a senior in high school, I was given a very special gift by my English teacher - a book of poetry one of his college writing mentors had given to him. He was instrumental in developing my writing technique and this gift was his way of saying that the help he had given me was not mine to keep, but mine to share, and when I someday realize my dream of teaching college English, I will give to book to one of my students. This is how we grow.

And now, as I go through the process of applying to graduate school, it's nice to remember the people who have believed and invested in me. I carry them with me, in things and memories, and they give me the ability to believe in myself when I the odds seem unbeatable. They lift me up on their shoulders and the stars are within reach.

legacy9

So, go. Follow your dreams.

peace&love,
Jill

*************************************************

P.S. Have you heard about the 50 States of Brave Blogger Search? If you're a blogger in the US, you might want to get involved! Go here to find out what it is and what you need to do! 

1 comment:

  1. Your skirt is gorgeous! Beautiful fall photos girl!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...