Friday, July 20, 2012

what goes around comes around (cue JT)



It seems like most days have been pretty repetitive lately - put on a dress, go outside for five minutes and then RUN back to the A/C, make stuff, photograph stuff, make food, eat food, write like a crazy person. And that is what I am blaming for my emerging summer uniform: dress and belt.




I love this dress for many reasons, one of which being that even though this dress is from the mid-70s it is just so fabulously in style. Sheer midi dresses anyone? Turns out they're not a new idea. My theory is that I will save all my clothes from my whole life in an enormous storage unit and then my daughters will be the ecstatic recipients of a lifetime of in-style clothes, because they'll all, ya know, come back in style. Eventually. It'll work.

I'm going to go rock out with Justin Timberlake now.



peace&love,
Jill

7 comments:

  1. I love that dress! I love how twirly it is. And now I'm going to have Justin Timberlake stuck in my head all day.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My Giveway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this dress on you! The colors are gorgeous (not to mention that it's usually who wears the clothes that makes it look good :) ). And it really is funny how so many things come back in style. Have a great weekend, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't believe it's from the 70s, it looks exactly like dresses being sold today! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely dress!!
    therunwayoflife.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty outfit. I love your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, love the color, it compliments your skin well!

    www.snazzysavvyshanise.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that dress! I agree with your keeping clothes for future generations philosophy. There are so many things of my mom's from back in the day that I wish she had kept! Your blog is adorable and I'd be delighted if you'd check mine out :)
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://withloveandsparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...