Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thinking of Dublin

Graffiti in the Rathmines section of Dublin

I took these pictures a year ago today. My how time gets away from one. 
I spent last summer in Ireland as part of the University of Iowa's Irish Writer's Workshop.
It was probably the best 49 days of my life.
There were 17 (I believe) of us from all over the United States, as well as about 40 other students in other programs through the same study abroad organization. I lived in the sweetest little house on Percy Lane, walked to school, walked to Temple Bar, walked to the flea markets and thrift stores. 

Dublin felt like home in a way no place ever has. I was never more proud to have Irish blood in my veins. The girls were almost all as pale as I was and wore opaque tights in the summer. 
I want to live there again.

Here's to the memories... They'll never get old.

Graffiti on the way to school.

peace&love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. I love it! We are planning a trip there for next year... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...